August 19, 2011

Dad's Coming Home!

Best News of the day:  Dad gets to come home today.  YAY!  Praise God!  Nothing like being home, out of the hospital and in your own bed. 

While dad's blood levels are still low for a man his size, they are high enough to allow him to come home.  Dad has been waking up with fevers, which could be from the tumors or the transfusions. By mid-morning, his temperature is back to normal.  There is a 50/50 chance dad may be readmitted if additional internal bleeding occurs.  Dad has a scheduled doctor visit on Monday to check his blood levels at that time. 

Dad is still weak, so the doctor's orders are for him to rest over the weekend.....no dancing for sure.  :) 

The family is requesting no visitors at the house as he really needs his rest, but phone calls are okay if dad is up for them. 

We can't fully express how thankful we are for your many thoughts and prayers....THANK YOU!  We serve an awesome God, who loves us dearly and wants what's best for us and right now...what's best for dad if for him to come home.  Thank you Jesus! 

2 comments:

Mary said...

I just got off the phone with Jeanne and they are so happy to be home!!! I didn't know about this blog until she told me, so I'm thrilled to have a place where I can keep up more closely. These are very special people to me - one of the first people I met when I came to JFBC was Mike Grant and I've loved him and Jeanne ever since. Get well, sweetheart! I'm ready to sing some Frank Sinatra with you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike,
Just a note to let you know you have lots of friends who love you and are praying for you. Hang tough. God bless you.
Fred Moore